About Our School
"One size fits all" doesn't work when it comes to education. Pacific View Academy is an alternative school environment, independent from the classroom with flexible instructional methods for motivated learners.
Pacific View Academy is for kindergarten through twelfth-grade students. Our program provides a comprehensive education to students with unique learning styles and talents. Classroom study does not work for every student and for some of those students, our Independent Study Program is a great fit.
Pacific View Academy is located in Arroyo Grande on the Mesa at 1065 Mesa View Drive. Students in Independent Study follow the district’s curriculum map and pacing. However, the Pacific View Academy staff provides a learning environment that adjusts to meet the individual educational goals and needs of each student. While in the program, students engage in a variety of projects that serve to make their learning experience enriching and meaningful.
- Flexible Schedule
- Non-Traditional Learning
- One-on-one meetings with teachers in person or virtually
- On-site work time opportunities for a modified school day/alternative school environment, students can work on campus for part of the day - Grades 9-12 only
- We provide intervention tutoring and additional support TK-8
- A team approach to help students achieve their educational goals
- Support and guidance for elementary families to help them educate their children
- Flexible in schedule and learning methods
- Courses to fulfill graduation and A-G requirements
- Certificated Teachers (multiple subject certification)
- Subject specific tutoring for secondary students
- All students are issued an LMUSD Chromebook
- Free Public Education
- Be a part of a school community, offering individualized learning
Pacific View Academy provides a welcoming and safe educational environment. ISP teachers are committed to excellence and work as a team to design flexible, student-centered instruction allowing all students to thrive academically. Various methods of instruction, including virtual learning, small group and individual instruction, and collaborative experiences are used to ensure students achieve goals and standards.
- Students can fulfill graduation requirements and graduate prepared for college
- Students can get college credit while enrolled in Independent Study